Sunday, November 18, 2012

Week 12 - Taking it Easy (Nov 12 to Nov 18)

This past week was pretty mild across all of my classes. I got to celebrate my birthday in peace, and since the deadlines for my projects are somewhat more spread out this time around I finally have a chance to relax and work through the projects relatively slowly. I can finally be careful not to miss out on the details.

I'm enjoying the discussion in class, although if you asked me to group the lectures into one phrase I wouldn't be able to say, exactly. I guess that means I need to review the material a bit more.

I'm looking forward to working on the next project alone. Compared with working alone, pair programming has been more interesting, in many cases more fun, and sometimes more productive. However, with Thanksgiving break coming up I think it will be easier for me to work on the project on my own time rather than try to squeeze in time to work with someone else. And this will give me a chance to see how programming on my own for this class stacks up against pair programming. I imagine I will struggle a bit more, but I am looking forward to the challenge.

---

My desktop computer's HDD is malfunctioning a bit, but it hasn't been too much of a problem yet. I'm keeping regular backups in case of imminent failure and I've ordered a replacement. I'm just not looking forward to having to set up my computer from scratch again in the middle of the semester. It shouldn't take too long but it's definitely time that could be spent studying or working on my projects. I hope all goes well with the hard drive replacement and OS reinstall.

No comments:

Post a Comment