Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week 10 - Fall Back (Oct 29 to Nov 4)

This program has forced me to look at things in a new way. I disagree with the design not through feeling that the expected implementation is wrong but that it lacks the kind of features I would expect to see in a reasonably complete program. I feel like the structure of the programs in this class require a minimum of implementation work and the amount of emphasis on testing is taking us away from the actual concepts at hand now. At first, it was good to have us focus on unit tests, but now the fact that unit testing is mostly a pain has caused me to limit my designs in some pretty serious ways.

In the real world, would you really unit test a method with a trivial function? Probably not.

Anyway, the make up test was once again moved from Friday to Monday. This is again outrageously inconvenient for me with the mass of projects that I typically have due at the beginning of the week. This time my project deadlines are going to keep me from studying for the test, or studying for the test (and taking the test) will prevent me from making my deadlines. I know there's not much you can do but to plan ahead but when every minute of your week is already absorbed in other school things there's not much you can do.

Senior year as a double major sucks because even if you take the minimum number of hours possible, you still don't have time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment